Support for Creation Kit
Create support for Skyrim's - Creation Kit. I'm one of the Admins for "The Westeros Project" a free full-conversion modification for the Skyrim Creation Kit engine. (http://www.creationkit.com/) We have been using sketchup for much of the development & conceptual process but it would be helpful if we could also use it get objects from Sketchup into the engine with ease. You can some of our conceptual work here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-westeros-project/images
AdminNintari (Owner, PlayUp Tools) commented
Hi Bill, thanks for the suggestion. When choosing another engine to support, I look for the following:
- Is it widely accessible for students and indie developers?
- Does it have a free version? And if not, is the cost of acquiring it relatively low?
- Is it an open engine? Do they support plugins? Do they allow imports of text-based data?
- Is there a lot of people who want support for this engine?
- Is there a lot of potential use for supporting this engine or is it likely to become dated fast?
While the first two points seem to be covered by the Creation Kit, the rest would have to be assessed before considering support for this engine as every engine has its quirks and it is a lot of work to support a new one.