or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Will Ormerod commented  · 

Even just proper set up for breakable windows would be really good - would contacting Crytek be an option to get the info you need?

• AdminNintari (Owner, PlayUp Tools) commented  · 

I'm investigating, but the real hurdle with this is figuring out what exactly the resource compiler wants to see with the naming convention. Sadly, while the documentation contains information to get it working with XSI or Maya from a user perspective, it doesn't go into the technical specs to explain what it wants returned if you are doing your own exporter. I don't think there is a real technical hurdle to making this work, just a lack of documentation hurdle. ;)

• Will Ormerod commented  · 

Some null nodes and components is what makes a destructible object in 3Dsmax. The naming convention of the component is important but sometimes the linked hierarchy structure is too. Null nodes would have to be components with something in them.

As objects can't be linked in Sketchup, maybe having a component with-in another component could work the same way.

Lastly, we'd have to be able to add text properties to each component (mass, joint breakability, specifying primative proxy..etc)

• Artyom Zuev commented  · 

To be honest, I'm not sure how this feature is possible or relevant when SketchUp is lacking even a rudimentary solution/tools for skeletal objects, rigging, etc. I'm fairly sure that complex destructible objects can only be created in 3ds Max / Maya anyway... or maybe I'm misunderstanding what this suggestion is about?

Feedback and Knowledge Base